Friday 19 October 2012

What is in a name?

As many of my friends would know I use the alias ''Aliquem'' a lot. I find the history behind the name rather interesting though. At age 16 while trying to find a name that would fit my Warlock on WoW I randomly wrote in ''Aliquem'', which to my delight sounded good and seemed to suite the whole dark arts sorcerer.

Fast forward a few years later and a friend points out that ''Aliquem'' is the Latin translation for ''Someone''. Something I rather liked and something I find myself pondering about often, why did my 16 year old self pick that word? Maybe I heard it once before and it stuck in my subconscious. As many of you might know, I am not the most sociable of people but the beauty of the name Aliquem is it provides anonymity however people always want to know someone, they always want to ask someone for advice, someone intrigues you.

So I ask you, what is in a name?

-Aliquem.

No comments:

Post a Comment